Hello West Valley Families,
The West Valley School Board, with the support of public health officials, approved a plan for the return of all grade levels to full-time, in-person learning following the timeline below:
- Monday, April 12th - Preschool and Spokane Valley High School students will return full-time
- Thursday, April 15th - Elementary and West Valley High School students will return full-time
- Monday, April 19th - Middle school students will return full-time
Wednesday, April 14th will be an All-District Asynchronous Remote Learning Day - No students will attend school onsite and there will be no live virtual learning for all in-person students & all secondary students. Elementary students who are enrolled in the 100% Virtual program will continue with their normal online schedule.
Students will continue to have the option to remain 100% virtual. Students who intend to return on-site should contact their school immediately if they have not done so already.
Rigorous health and safety measures will be maintained including masking, hand washing, consistent cleaning of high touch surfaces, daily health screening, and the change to three feet of physical distancing between students. Schools will be working diligently to rearrange classrooms and make some modifications to current procedures and protocols to increase the capacity of students in schools. Schools will provide additional communication with specific details regarding the plan for students to return full-time.
We ask for your continued support to keep students home when sick. This is going to help us sustain a successful transition for students to return back to campus under a more traditional format.
- WVSD Plan for Full-Time Return of Students
- Community Zoom Webinar Video including HIV/AIDS summary (starting at 52 min)
- Department of Health K-12 School Guidance
We appreciate your patience as these changes occur and we are delighted to welcome all students back to full-time, in-person learning!