The WVSD school board is considering a bond to fund necessary improvements to our facilities, and we are turning to our valued community members for input on how to prioritize these improvements. Your feedback is crucial in helping us understand which areas need the most attention and which improvements will have the greatest impact on our students’ academic and extracurricular success.
The top five priorities as identified by the Community Facilities Advisory Committee include:
- Renovating or replacing Centennial Middle School: This will create a safer, more modern learning environment for our students and staff.
- Renovating or replacing West Valley City School: This will provide students with a safe and healthy environment conducive to project-based learning.
- Renovating Spokane Valley High School: This will create larger, more flexible learning spaces to support project-based learning at the high school level.
- Returning Kindergarten to neighborhood schools: Adding classrooms to elementary schools will reduce school transitions and provide stability for younger students.
- Modernizing district office facility: This will provide efficient, modern spaces for district support staff and will include important building upgrades (HVAC, electrical systems, building safety, and ADA compliance).
ThoughtExchange works to gather confidential thoughts and feedback about focus areas for a bond proposal. You can share your thoughts and rate those provided by others to help shape the future of our school facilities. Keep tabs on our website and social media to find it when our next ThoughtExchange survey will be released.
We want community consensus as we make decisions moving forward! Click on the link below to view a summary of results from the April 2023 ThoughtExchange results. Check this page often to keep tabs on the committee’s progress as well as find out ways you can be involved in the process.