Now that colder weather has arrived, students should dress warmly in order to be prepared for outdoor recess. This includes coming to school with a winter coat, gloves, hat and proper footwear.
Please note that students typically head outside for recess if the temperature (including wind chill) is 20 degrees or above. Principals, or a designee, will have the final say when determining if an outside recess will be authorized. The following temperature guidelines will be used:
- Temperature feels like 20 degrees and above: Outside Recess
- Temperature feels like 16 - 20 degrees: Outside Recess with indoor option for students who wish to remain inside or have a lack of adequate clothing
- Temperature feels like 10 - 15 degrees: Abbreviated Outside Recess (5-10 minutes) with indoor option for students who wish to remain inside or have a lack of adequate clothing
- Temperature feels like 10 degrees or below: Inside Recess
* Rain, wet/slushy snow, strong winds and other adverse conditions may cause students to remain indoors as well.