Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying Resources
Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying Resources
West Valley is dedicated to providing the safest environment possible for our students and staff. This site contains many valuable resources about HIB regulations and procedures.
Even if kids are not bullied or bullying others they can be affected by bullying. Many times, when they see bullying, they may not know what to do to stop it. They may not feel safe stepping in at the moment, but there are many other steps they can take:
- Spend time with the person being bullied at school. Talk with them, sit with them at lunch, or play with them at recess.
- Listen to them.
- Call the person being bullied at home to encourage them and give advice.
- Tell an adult who you trust, like your teacher or coach. You can tell them in person or leave them a note.
- Set a good example. Do not bully others.
- Send a text message or go up to the person who was bullied later and say that wasn’t cool and I’m here for you.
- Help the person being bullied get away from the situation.
- Help the person being bullied tell an adult.
- Take away the audience by choosing not to watch and walk away.
- Be kind to the person being bullied at another time
Vector Solutions is an anonymous tip reporting system that allows students, staff, parents, and community members to submit safety concerns in four different ways (Phone, Text, Email, and Web). Easily report tips on bullying, harassment, drugs, vandalism, or any safety issue. To submit a tip, please click here.
Facts About Bullying
Bullying is being mean to another kid over and over again. Bullying often includes:
- Talking about hurting someone
- Spreading rumors
- Leaving kids out on purpose
- Attacking someone by hitting them or yelling at them
Bullying does not always happen in person. Cyberbullying is a type of bullying that happens online or through text messages or emails. It includes posting rumors on sites like Facebook, sharing embarrassing pictures or videos, and making fake profiles or websites.
School Bus Bullying Prevention