|Become a Paraeducator in West Valley School District!|
Paraeducators are school employees who work alongside and/or under the direction of a licensed or certificated educator to support and assist in providing instructional and non-instructional services to children, youth, and their families. Also known as paraprofessionals, teacher aides, teaching assistants, and other titles, paraeducators are integral members of the instructional team.
Law requires paraprofessionals serving in an instructional capacity to meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold an associate’s degree or higher, OR
- Have at least two (2) years of post-secondary education that is equivalent to at least 48 semester hours from an accredited higher education institution, OR
- Successfully pass the ETS ParaPro Assessment test.
|Resources for ETS Test Takers|
If you find you are in need of further study of a particular concept, try one of the interactive online websites listed below. Many of them have games and helpful quizzes to assist learning in a different way.
- MySchoolHouse Courses — covers all subjects at different levels
- FunBrain Grammar — Play fun and colorful games while learning concepts
- CliffsNotes GED Test Prep — The Test Prep tab has sample GED tests
- Math Practice — includes help with basic math through advanced topics
|Paraeducators Frequently Asked Questions|
What do I need to submit to Human Resources for proof of college credits or degrees?
What do I need to submit to Human Resources for proof of ETS test completion?
Where can I take the ETS test? How soon will I find out the results of my test?
What happens if I am unsuccessful at my first ETS test attempt?
What is the cost for applicants to take the test?
Have more questions?